BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Set Fire to the Rain

These last few days have been hectic and I have been meaning to blog!! Over this last weekend, I was able to spend sometime with my Aunt Tammy and Mom with Isabel :) That's not what I am going to blog about though....



While together, we were able to watch a Lisa Ling documentary about Faith Healers.... Let me say that this documentary made me cry. My worst fears as a believer in Jesus Christ were realized when I watched every day  lost people find hope in something so misleading and FALSE. I encourage you to watch the entire show and listen to what these "faith healers" proclaim through their loud and very repetitive antics.


What got me upset about this area of religion is that these people are so very thirsty for truth and healing that they grasp at the first thing that SEEMS to be God. Its like they walk through the desert so desperate for water that they drink the sand in the midst of a mirage. My heart broke for the paraplegic man named Steve. He believed with his entire heart that he would be healed in the last ten minutes of the last healing session of  a three day weekend. He believed THIS was his time and that God would be faithful to him. My heart longs for him to walk again, but more than that I want him to understand the biblical and emotional truths that are found in Jesus Christ. Please understand me, I know God is almighty and oh so powerful. I know this. Please understand that THIS idea of faith healing is not of the God of my heart. Could he heal these people? Of coarse! Does He need "faith healers" as a channel or venue for His power? I think not. 


Paul wrote of such false prophets in the book of Philippians. In Philippians 1:18 it says, "But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice."



Unlike his enemies in the church, Paul's great desire was not to exalt himself and build up a clique, but to exalt Christ and build up His church. Thus, he would rejoice, and continue to rejoice, whenever Christ was preached, whether “in pretense” (the message was correct but the motive was wrong) or “in truth” (the message was correct and the motive was right). It is illogical to assume that those who preached with a wrong motive also preached a different gospel from those who preached from a pure motive. The difference in their preaching was not in substance but in purpose. Paul would certainly not have rejoiced in the preaching of a false gospel. Furthermore, a wrong motive in preaching an unadulterated gospel does not nullify its saving power. Therefore, Paul could rejoice at the preaching of the gospel by his enemies.

.....So what is this? I would say that this faith healing is the message of a false prophet. If you listen to the last few words of the entire episode when the "preacher" is talking about religion not having all the answers, it becomes undoubtedly clear that this man is not of God..... AND THE SICK AND MOST DESPERATE RELY ON HIM FOR BIBLICAL TRUTH AND HEALING!! It makes me angry, sad and very frustrated for my Lord. He died for everyones sins and this man seeks to claim ownership in that by teaching people how to be like God in their "healing."  It is just plain shameful.

Sometimes I wonder, "How long Lord, until you come back and set the record right??"

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment