BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 2, 2011

May's Top 5 :)

Ta-da! I am only one day late with this blog post!

This month had been great for top 5 ideas. Although, when I had to create my list I found it hard to narrow it down to 5 items or things....

Here we go!

1.Elizabeth Arden Night Cream

It's actually called Overnight Success, but ok. This night time lotion is fabulous! I have a pretty combination to oily skin type and this moisturizer helps to even out the texture of my skin literally overnight!! It smells so clean and fresh too :) I use it every night right after I wash and ex foliate my skin. Elizabeth Arden got this one right! I will say though, that over using it (twice a day) can cause my skin to break out.... So use as directed! I purchased this at Marshall's in Smokey Point for $14.99 plus tax. I also got an Elizabeth Arden primer and sunscreen at Marshall's for the same price as the Overnight Success. Love this stuff, two thumbs way up!

2. Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus tinted moisturizer/Hoola bronzer by Benefit



This is kind of a two-in-one top 5 pick. I find that the best results for an even and lasting glow, comes from using both these products together. Let's start with the Day Wear Plus tinted moisturizer.... This particular color is Medium/Dark and I typically use this when I have been using a sunless tanner or during the summer when my skin is darker. It can be worn by itself or as a primer for your foundation. If it were nicer weather here in the great state of Washington, I would use it by itself... but because we have been blessed with an extended stay of rain, I use it as a primer. Estee Lauder created the Day Wear line in hopes of creating a long lasting base for the working woman. Not only have they accomplished this, but they have created a product that literally repairs and protects your skin! I put this on after cleansing in the morning as my main moisturizer; then I put my foundation over the top. Usually my foundation is a shade lighter than the Day Wear to make the color blend well with my neck.
And no base could be complete without a great bronzer or contour. That's where Benefit Cosmetics comes into play here. I was introduced to Hoola through Pixiwoo in their Drew Barrymore Tutorial and I knew I had to give it a go! Man am I glad I did. I mainly use this product as a contour for my cheeks and forehead. It is more brown based, unlike many bronzers which tend to be red based in color. I got the Day Wear Plus from the Make Up outlet in Marysville for $21.99 and the Hoola at Sephora for $28.00 plus tax.

Enjoy!

3.Tuesday Night Dinners With Friends!

This isn't a product as much as it is a weekly event the kids and I attend :) My oldest sister Sophie had originally put the group together so we could have a close group of friends get together for dinner. It has now become a weekly dinner at a different couples house where we eat, fellowship and discuss any lingering questions we have about the last weeks message at church. All of the member, minus my kids and I, attend New Life Center in Evrerett. It's a foursquare denominational church that has an awesome worship team. If you are new to the Christian Faith, I extend the invitation to this church. They are a great means to discover your spiritual gifts and get plugged into a ministry that could take you anywhere :)

So, there are the Zacharias. Sam, Ashley and Caswell (Cas)

The Costas, Joe and Maddie

Ms.Sarah Odell

The Haines, Grant and Sophie and Conner

And Us :)

What a great group of people to spend time with! I look forward to seeing where our group is headed! We have volunteering on the horizon and are anxious to get it going :)) Yesterday we had a bbq at Sophie and Grants house, it was faboosh!

4.Chocolate Cupcakes with Pudding for frosting!

I made these for Toddies birthday dinner and they were great! I had originally intended to make butter cream frosting, but we didn't have heavy whipping cream :( So,,,, what's better than chocolate butter cream?? Chocolate Pudding! The cupcakes were from a box. As was the pudding, but the pudding kept the cupcakes moist! It worked out great because we have mini cupcake tins, so these were bite size! Try it, it's awesome!

5. Alyssa Jonson



Alyssa Jonson is by far one of the funniest people I know. She has the title and role of best friend in my world and I am thankful to have a gal pal like her :) Not only do we work together, but we enjoy just about all of the same things. Ok, she doesn't like The Princess Bride and I love it... but why sweat the small stuff. Alyssa is compassionate and creative. She is the CTRS (Activities Manager) at Warm Beach (don't ask me what CTRS means...) When we aren't at work together we attend Zumba, go out with our kids, go to the movies, go to dinner, text until late and/or laugh about the adventures that come with mothering. I am sure I have mentioned this before, but she has a wonderful son named Gabe and she married her high school sweet heart, Nick. The three of them together are the perfect example of relaxed and loving parenting. Most recently, Alyssa and I took our kids to Cold Stone for some ice cream and are venturing into making headbands and jewelery on our next common day off (hahahaha, that sounds so lame when I write it out... sorry if I embarrassed you Alyssa!!....). Alyssa, I love you girl. You have seen me at my best and at my very worst and yet you continue to be a faboosh bestie :)) Ok, ok. Let's go shopping now!! 

XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment