BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 24, 2010

Starfeild and Sharon :)


OK! So, my sister Sophie and I (and her unborn child) decided to get tickets for one of our very favorite bands, Starfeild. I think we have seen them every year for 3 consecutive years! I had first discovered them while listening to music on Pandora, then I went to good ole Itunes and downloaded their second album "Beauty in the Broken," and my family and I have been hooked ever since! Anywho, since that album they have released 2 more - I Will Go and The Saving One. We own both and have been greatly pleased. You might think this odd, but I get text messages from them telling me when they will be in the area. That's how I found about their show lastnight in Sammamish! Here are some pics!









Also, I was able to begin sponsoring a child in Africa last night. It's 35 dollars a month and the donation is given to a group called World Vision. If you have never heard of them before and are thinking of sponsoring a child in a third world country, please give them a looksey! They are a well established, non faith affiliated sponsorship program that helps children in ANY third world country that will allow it. They do not affiliate themselves with a church, but are widely known to be connected to many churches around the world. Maybe they figure the people attending Christian concerts are more inclined to give, but the bible tells us in Phillipians," Whether by false motives or true, Christ is preached. And for this I will rejoice."

The wonderful news is that as a family we have been sponsoring a child named Kadenge through World Vision for over a year now and what a blessing it has been to our family. Not only do we get to help a child eat and exist, but I have been able to teach Isabel and Todd how to pray for people we cannot see or even talk to. Our new child is a 9 year old girl named Sharon. She lives in Uganda and has lost both of her parents to the AIDS epidemic. She has 2 brothers and is living with her aunt. I am so excited to get to help her out! It will mean some tightening of the belts in my little family, but we do not mind. Dr. Charles Stanley once said,"Man looks at the dollar amount, but God looks at the sacrifice given." This means no more morning Hazelnut White Mochas for this momma.... I will ask that you join with the kids and I in praying for Sharon and Kadenge. They need God's protection and ever loving hand to guide them through their days. My prayer is that they will recognize that throughout all the violence and death in their country, that they are beautifully and wonderfully made by God; that He has never left them and has their future already mapped out! Thanks in advance!!




No comments:

Post a Comment