BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

~ ~ ~ Tis the Season ~ ~ ~





Ok, so the weather outside is becoming frightful and it is time to transition into my fall/winter make up.... For those who have asked, here is my list of my "must haves" in my make up bag for the coming months. Enjoy! Or disregard, whichever you prefer ;)

**Item #1 - Rimmel Fix & Perfect foundation primer. There are plenty of foundation primers on the market, but this is the least expensive that I found with the best results. The purpose of the primer is to create an even and smooth surface on your face for your foundation to settle on. I typically only use this in the fall and winter months because I don't typically use foundation in the summer months. This primer works on all skin tones and textures, it doesn't effect the color of your foundation and is easily applied to the skin with your hand. It is applied before you apply your foundation, or you can use it in the place of your foundation and follow up with powder. I paid $6.99 at Target. Bam!

**Item #2 - Revlon Photo Ready Make Up. This has a wonderful matte finish and doesn't seem to crease or bubble on the skin. With all the rain and humidity in the mornings around the great northwest, I have to have a foundation that can withstand moisture. On a side-note, please remember that application of a loose, translucent powder over the top of your applied foundation will always give the best results! This foundation comes in a pump bottle and comes in 6 different shades. I paid 7.49 at Target.

** Item #3 - N*7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion. Ya know how you love to have a nice sun-kissed glow during the summer, but cant achieve the same glow in the fall and winter because the sun is only found in tanning salons?? Well, here is a product that can achieve the same type glow for your skin during the winter months! This is a highlighting cream that can be applied underneath your foundation, in specific areas on top of foundation or all by itself. I prefer to use it under the foundation if I know that pictures will be taken where I am going (Holiday parties). Otherwise, I tend to use it has the highlighter for my cheek bone and brow bone areas after foundation has been applied. I love this one because it smells great and doesn't leave you with a heavy "cakey" feeling as the day goes on. I paid 12.99 at Target.

I am soooo excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas! I don't know if this will help you or not, but its worth a shot!









No comments:

Post a Comment