BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another Year

Have you ever stopped to think about the year you have just lived on the day of your birthday? Not your entire life, just the last year of it. 

I tend to be one of those people that when a landmark date or a holiday approaches, I get emotional. Maybe it's family gatherings, or the loving gestures from one person to the next, or the way that in the busiest moments of an occasion, you can sometimes feel lonely? I don't know. With my birthday just 2 hours and 52 minutes away, lets take a look at the last year of my life together.

In January, Isabel started her very first ballet class :)

The first Starfield concert of the year.
Then there was the San Diego trip in April.

 
Coronado beach with the ladies.

Our last night in SD :(

And the flight home......
I met my best friend Alyssa :)

... and her son Gabe. Love this kid :))
Mother's Day picnic at the beach house :)

Toddie turned 2 in May!

Desi turned 18 in May as well, love you girl :)

Family reunion with the Paulauans in June

Sophie turned 26 in June. She IS the best!


We learned that Todd hides behind the grahams when he hears fireworks in July.

... oh, and Isabel loves roman candles....

Both kids transitioned into big kids beds. AMEN!!

Made our first family trip to Moses Lake :)

Took them to Moses Lake

I used to swing on that with Sophie....
Isabel had her first pedi :)

My little family became one child bigger when we adopted Sharon at our second Stafield concert.


Had a great Halloween :)

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Overall the year has been busy and somewhat challenging to say the least. But who doesn't fight their own battles? 24 brings with it some very real challenges, but very surely God will be with me through it all. I can look at each of these pictures and remember exactly where I was spiritually. Each one a kind of reminder of excellent and not so excellent times, but the truth doesn't lie in where I was or what I was doing, it is that I have somehow managed to make it another year in God's infinite grace. No credit to my abilities, its all to his glory. 

24 also brings to light that I face another year missing my dad. I'm not quite sure how to describe the feeling of loss to someone else. I also acknowledge that I have a more than wonderful mother that means the world to me! She's my safety and my rock. No question. Still, I miss him. Sometimes I can hardly hear his voice anymore or the way he sounded when he laughed. I remember the feel of his scruffy face on my cheek and the way he would raise his eyebrows to tell us yes when he had finally lost his ability to speak. I remember the way he loved me without words or movements. Todd Rhoadarmer knew what it was to be in desperate need of a savior, and kid you not a savior appeared to him. The only Savior. The selfish part of me wants him here with me, but I know thats impossible. It isn't like I can call him when I want to cry, or even tell him how much I love him. 

But God is good ALL the time. I will never forget how kind He has been to me this last year. Yes, God is glorious and powerful and awesome and merciful.... but my heart thanks Him for simply showing me and my family kindness. Psalm 103 says that, "His kindness and love are a crown on our heads." Can you see mine? 

XOXO














No comments:

Post a Comment