BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

This time 4 years ago....

I was a patient at the Women and Children's Pavilion in Everett, laying in bed with my beautiful new baby, Isabel Ray Rhoadarmer. :)

Let me back up a smidge....

If you know anything about my daughter, its that she does most things when she is ready. Her original due date was November 25th and she must not have been ready to come out, because she didn't. When my OBGYN told me I had to be induced, had to pick a due date in the next two weeks AND that he would be going on vacation in 9 days I was a bit stressed, but so anxious to meet my daughter!! I chose December 3rd, he gave me the paperwork for the day of the induction and sent me on my way. I instantly called everyone I could think of! My oldest sister Sophie was my coach and together we had attended a birthing class for good measure. That next few days was intense. Every little movement she made, or pain I was having put me on edge, until December 3rd rolled around still nothin.

Finally the big day had come!! Her dad, Kiel, had come over early that morning and we spent the entire day together. He stayed at the house with me, took me out to lunch at our favorite Teriyaki joint in town and even played cards with me to keep my mind off of the events that would take place that evening. My paperwork had instructed me to call the hospital at 6 PM and check to see if there was any open delivery rooms available, so right at 6 I called and there wasn't room for me. The nurse told me to call back at 9 PM and try again. By then my sister Sophie, my brothers, my cousin and my mom were all at the house. Some took naps, some watched a Zombie movie with Kiel and I and still some played cards. The nine o'clock call to the hospital gave us the green light to get moving and I was so nervous!!

Once there and connected to all the machines, I laid in the hospital bed listening to the rapid heart rate of my daughter and thinking that I had absolutely NO IDEA what I was in for.....

Man was I right!! A slow petosin drip lead me into what I thought was the worst pain I had ever felt in my WHOLE LIFE!! Imagine Wolverine releasing his knuckle blades into your abdomen and then pouring salt into your open wound. Atleast thats how it felt the first time around, I would later learn with Toddie that getting to a forced dilation of 4 cm is nothing. Anywho, after 16 hours and an epidural I was ready to push. With my sister Sophie, Kiel, my mom and Kiel's mom present I began pushing.... and pushing... and pushing. I pushed for a solid hour and then I heard it. I heard the doctor say that she was out!! Few seconds later I heard her cry!! What a strangely beautiful sound! I had decided early on that she would be named Elliott (Ell or Ellie for short), but when I saw her for the first time I knew her name was Isabel.

She weighed in at 6 lbs. 7 oz and had a ton of brown hair on her head. I don't remember crying, but everyone else in the delivery room was. Even the nurse! I don't remember what time she was born, but I do remember that later that night her dad ordered me my favorite pizza and had it delivered to my hospital room. Aww, how nice. I spent the rest of that night half sleeping and waking every two hours when our vitals had to be checked. She wouldn't stop crying at one point, so I got up and walked around the hospital wing in my Polo robe with her until she stopped. That is one of the best memories I share with both of my children :) The next day Aunt Sophie came and picked us up in her silver sports car and took us home. Kiel stayed at the house with me for that evening and said he would return the next day. We made a pretty good team those first few weeks!


























Isabel Ray Rhoadarmer, mommy and daddy love you very much! I continue to pray that you listen to the ever present voice of the Lord. Even at 4, he is talking to you! We are proud of the young lady you are becoming and can't wait to see whats in store for your life!

XOXO,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment