BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Great is Thy Faithfulness

Without knowing it, Jesus came to me in the form of a woman today. Please understand when I say that I believe in my heart that God is a man, but His kindness and unfaltering love was shown to me today through a woman who will go without naming.

Today started out like any other day. I woke up, got Isabel ready for the day and even had time to bring my mom coffee before making the 30 minute drive out to Warm Beach. It wasn't until about 2 hours into my shift that a very real issue of mine had surfaced and I was faced with a decision. Do I continue doing a morally unsound thing, or do I turn and face the storm which will ultimately test my faith in my Lord's faithfulness? Well, I went with the second option and let me tell you, God is VERY faithful. * please note: no residents or staff were in any danger, it was purely internal conflict for me *

Not only did God create a way out of the pit of guilt and anxiety for me, but He was able to mend a relationship that was without knowledge of wrong doing. It was with a very heavy and desperate heart that I confessed and was forgiven by this woman. It was my moment of relief from God and it came in the form of tears from a woman that owes me nothing. She thanked me for my honesty and encouraged me to keep on keepin on. To this woman, you know who you are, I am thankful for your patience and grace. Today you showed me that Christ is faithful to me when I am not; that life goes on even when things aren't ideal and that I have a wonderful support system around me. One that I know can only come from my Lord. Thank you :)

12 "Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philippians 2:12&13

I got a small glimpse into the basic idea that with God, all things are possible. I had no idea how this would go over and I was desperate for help and God was there. As usual. Scripture tells us time and time again that it is God who guards our hearts and minds and will never leave us or forsake us. Even if the conversation had gone horribly wrong and forgiveness wasn't possible, God would have been glorified for simply providing my life a bit of relief. I can't begin to tell you how many minutes of sleep I have lost over anxiety these last few weeks! Today was the very last day for that. God made me a way and I so desperately needed it. 

Even if things are bad, anxiety driven, stressful or burdensome I promise you that God wants to show you the way out. I will never forget the kindness that was shown me today. How can you forget a moment of forgiveness when you needed it the most? And what else can I be sure of.....

 22"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
 23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22&23


XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment