BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 8, 2010

Party Time!

So, as I was telling you guys in the last blog post my brother Jason just turned 16! Traditionally we as a family have a family dinner every, if not every other, week on Sunday. Now that its football season, we watch football and eat for the better part of the day. Well, this last Sunday we had a birthday/family dinner gathering at my sister Sophie's house! Let me back up for a breif moment...

Jason turned 16 on Friday. We planned a surprise dinner for him on Sunday afternoon and spent most of Saturday purchasing and prepping the food for the meal....

The menu was:

1. Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard courtesy of Rachel Ray. These are covered in sour cream and onion chips for an extra crunch! They are so yums!


2. Ham and cheese in puff pastry courtesy of Ina Garten from Barefoot Contessa. This was a total hit!



 3. Sweet and sour meatballs.

4. Polish sausage pieces in bbq sauce. Easy and delicious!


5. Nachos with black beans, salsa verde and cheese. SO GOOOOOD!

6. Hawaian sweet rolls with butter.

7. Twice baked potato skins. This recipe was kind of taken from the Neely's on the Foodnetwork, but this is an easy thing to make anyways!


and for dessert..... Individual Mud Pies!! Easy as 1,2,3. Bake a chocolate cake mix in a loaf pan, serve with chocolate pudding, whipped topping and crushed oreo over the top. Bam!

All in all I think I rolled close to 50 meatballs and dredged over 3 dozen chicken tenders. I got nothing but great reviews on the food and was totally full by my last bight of cake. What a blast!! Now, down to my party outfit.....

Got the shirt from Target for 12.99 on sale with black leggings :)) It even had pockets!

Here we are at Safeway the morning of the bash picking up the last of the items to cook with.
Jason and his mom and dad :)

Serving up!!

Hungry girls!

Nice.....

Me, Shayna, Jessica and Sophie. My sisters :)

Uncle Deno (Dennis) and Conner

Adam and Isaboo.

Almost time to leave....

We had a great time!I hope you all attempt the puff pastry dish. Think glamorous hot pocket.... Yums!






No comments:

Post a Comment