BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cookies, movies and a dash of hope.

So this late evening I began baking cookies for tomorrow's cookie exchange at work and now with almost a dozen left to do at almost 10:20 PM, I am tired. I still need to shower and then paint my nails before I go to sleep..... We will see what actually gets done.

Here is what I have baking in the oven:

1. Jam thumb-print cookies with coconut! These are the most delicous shortbread cookies I make and let me tell you.... the coconut adds a certain crunch to them and it is beyond delightful :)) I snagged the recipe from Ina Garten on The Barefoot Contessa, and they are a hit wherever I take them!
Yummmmmmm!
2. Then there is the ever delicious, but never attempted before, Hazelnut Chocolate Chip cookie. This would be from our friend Giada DeLaurentis from Everyday Italian. I had no hesitations that this cookie would be good to eat, because how can you go wrong with chocolate chips, oatmeal, nutella and toffee candy bits??? The only thing I didn't like was the way they flattened out when baked. As you can see in the picture, they are very thin but believe me, they are tasty!!


While they are baking, my brother Jason and I are watching Black Hawk Down and I forgot what an excellent movie this is! If you have never seen it before, please do! There are a ton of well known actors in it and it follows the true story of the battle between Somali militia and American soldiers who were in the country to capture a Somali warlord. It takes place in the capitol city of Mogudishu and is very intense. It also has horrid language, so watch it once the kids are sleeping... Overall great flick!

And lastly, I was able to come to terms with something tonight that has given me hope for the future. I'm not going into details on the bloggity blog, but I find myself rather hopeful for the future. Oh, and I got my bestie something for Christmas today that she is going to L-O-V-E!! I want to keep it for myself!!!

One more for the night... SMILE!!



No comments:

Post a Comment