BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011: The Year of the Savings Account

That's right, I said it. 2011 is going to be my year of saving money. Up until now I have occasionally saved money, only to have to spend it on an emergency tire replacement or medical procedure or just an EXCESSIVE  amount of spending on unnecessary items. Well, that ended 2 days ago. I can say with a clean conscience that I have ZERO credit card debt. The honest truth is that I have too low a credit score to qualify for most credit cards, but I can now thank the Lord for that. I hear that credit cards are dangerous for people like me....

Anywho, here is what we did on New Years. Since both kids were either mildly or mid-to-serious sick, we stayed home and I tried to make the best of the evening with.......


 A Massive, floor to ceiling tent!
and of coarse...

Princess punch!!

I had planned on going to Sophie's house for the evening with my kids, but with them AND conner gettting really sick we opted to stay home. I had the idea for the tent on my way home and since I had all of their favorite snacks already purchased, we made it a great New Years Eve :) We started out with the unveiling of the tent, then went right to the first snack. CHEESE FILLED CROISSANTS - Toddie's favorite! All you have to do is buy the pre rolled croissant dough and put a cheese block in it before you roll it up. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. YUMS!

Then we decided to play a few games....

Make up for Isabel :))

Cars from the great grandparents for Toddie :))

And then a great game of Hide-and-seek!
(taken just before she found me!)

After a while though, the kids began to get anxious or tired or something and they needed snack and their new Scooby Doo movie. So we sliced some apples, grabbed their boxes of rainbow colored goldfish and into the tent we went.




Overall the night was great. None of us made it to midnight, but that's ok. Maybe next year.

The kids and I have some bigs things poppin this year. Starting on the first, I have started keeping an eating journal (in hopes of recognizing the errors in my eating habbits) and a spending journal (I think that one speaks for itself). I am deciding to answer God's call to get out of this pit and to lead my family to joy in His will. I know this will be a huge benefit to the kids. Not that they are unhappy, but I look forward to having them understand Jesus' love for them this year. I have fallen asleep at the "spiritual wheel" for them and that ended three days ago. BAM! DONE!

I have a huge test coming up that I need to pass for some of the dreams I have to become realities. PLEASE be in prayer! 

Oh, and ofcoarse I did some New Years Eve make up on New Years Eve...
Gotta have the right music on to play make up. 
Eclipse soundtrack in case you were wondering :)

I had the entire weekend off from work, so the kids and I have had a great time together these last few days! Church and football today and then back to the grind tomorrow. Bring it on world, you don't overwhelm us as much anymore because....

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." JOHN 16:33

XOXO








No comments:

Post a Comment