BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 20, 2011

Todd Michael Hutchings

3 years ago today, the sweetest boy I know was born. My son Todd was born in the morning (I don't remember the actual time) and very fuzzy. Hahaha, the first thing I noticed about him was how fuzzy he was and a small skin tag above his left ear. What a bundle of pure joy :)


The thing I remember most about the weekend Todd was born, was that my grandparents just happened to be in town for my brother Derek's Heritage Fair at school and were leaving on the Monday Todd was born. I was pleased to find that they would be in town for the birth of their second great grandchild! 

That day began as any other day. I was already on maternity leave from work and had planned on taking care of my brother Derek while he stayed home sick from school. Mom went to work, Mike went to work, Jason went to school and at around 8:30 AM, I began to feel a tad sick to my stomach. I remember that Isabel was mildly fussy so I suggested (well, made her) take a nap with me to try and ease my discomfort. By 9:30 Isabel was fast asleep and I was awaken by some pretty intense abdominal pain. My poor brother Derek was truly sick that day, and instead of resting and eating soup..... He helped me take care of Isabel while I called my mom at work and told her that I was "hurting pretty bad, but I think it's nothing... but could you come home and help me with Isabel??" To which she replied "yes!" and was home within minutes. I didn't have a bag packed, I hadn't showered yet that day, I was worried that if I was in labor the hospital was going to send me home because I wasn't far along enough to admit me. It was strange, just as my mom (coach #2) drove up in the suburban, my aunt Tammy (Coach #1) pulled up and so did my  auntie Kathy to retrieve Isabel. Wow! Things were moving rather smoothly..... or so I thought.....

Without a bag or a purse in tow, my coaches and I got into the suburban and sped off to the Providence Everett Women and Children's Pavillion in about 15 minutes. It was like something out of the movies!! I was yelling, making funny loud noises and yelling at my auntie Tammy to STOP LAUGHING AT ME!! We pulled into the valet parking space and were quickly told not to park there... so while my mom went to retreive a wheel chair, my auntie Tammy took charge and told them to leave me alone. Hahahaha, she whipped out her Superwoman "S!"

Once checked and admitted, the nurse took me into my hospital room and told me that I might be too far along for an epidural. At that point, I began crying and asking for the pain to stop NOW! Needless to say, I was given the epidural and I was able to sleep for an hour or so. The one thing I had mentioned for my sister to bring was my trusty Ipod!  I remember that I was listening to Third Day's "Nothing Compares" when the nurse told me it was time to push! Todd was coming!!

In 3 pushes, the sweetest boy ever was born and everyone started crying! I can honestly say that with both my children, I didn't cry when they were born. Hahaha, suckers. Everyone else did. He came out weighing 7lbs. 16oz and 21 1/2" long. Todd Michael Rhoadarmer (now Hutchings) stole my heart in a single moment :) His father Steve came to the hospital with Todd's Grandpa Gary and were able to see this precious bundle of joy for the very first time. My mom was SUCH a trooper. She had forgotten her wallet at home and didn't eat or sleep well for the next 2 days while caring for me and Toddie. I love that woman :))

























Gos has blessed me with 3 wonderful years, so far, with Toddie. Each day is like brand new adventure for him and what an awesome experience it is to watch him grow and learn new things. At 3, Todd love loves loves Thomas the Engine and Cars! He is very particular about which toys he carries with him all day long and love to eat macaroni and cheese with Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets. Todd still has the skin tag above his left ear and although he isn't as fuzzy anymore, I find that his hair is always needing to be cut! During the days, when his father and I are at work, Todd goes to 2 wonderful daycares where he is currently being potty trained! It's just so sweet to hear him tell me how his day was. Most of the time it is simply what Isabel says, just repeated and exaggerated, but it's still priceless.

Thank you Lord for a wonderful son and the privilege to usher him through this life to the next. My prayer now is that with Todd's ever growing ability to understand how things work, that Todd would learn about your love with ease. That even at age 3, Todd would understand that you have created all things and that you love him more than his parents do. Help Todd to seek kindness and gentleness in all he comes up against and THANKS for loving my son :) 

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment