BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do Not Pass Go

Well today was supposed to be the day that I passed my CNA test in Sedro Woolley. Today was supposed to be the day that I called my boss and told her that all this waiting on applications and test dates was all worth it.

Well today turned out to be no such day. :( Do not pass go, do NOT collect your CNA. The test is done in two portions (1) written test consisting of 60 multiple choice questions (2) a skills evaluation. 5 skills in 25 minutes. I vital sign, hand washing and then 3 randomly chosen skills that you have to perform on an actual person while being watched by an evaluator. My biggest fear was the skills portion of the test. 5 skills in 25 minutes, whoa! I practiced some of the skills at work and was confident in being able to complete most of them without too much confusion. Well in order to get to the skills part of the test, you have to complete a little thing called the written. Like I said, 60 multiple choice questions that had to be completed in no longer than 2 hours.

As I was taking the written I kept thinking, "well, duh! It's this one!" and flew through it. I was the second one done with a little over and hour to spare. I handed it to the evaluator, she took out her red pen and began flipping through the pages a s quickly as I had just taken the test.... She made a total of 10 red marks and then handed it back to me. "Sorry Ms.Brooke, you didn't pass the written. Please take your stuff and go, but please remember to re apply asap as to get a test date quickly. Thank you and I am sorry."

OUCH! Do not pass go, do not collect your CNA. I cried the whole way to daycare to pick up the kids. How could I have failed the written???I work in a nursing home! Warm Beach Health Care Center has been nothing but patient and supportive in getting me to the test date and now I go and blow it.... they might have to let me go until I have my CNA and then re hire me..... I am so embarrassed! How can i face the staff I work with knowing I am an idiot. I know what they will all be thinking... "SHE DIDN'T pass the written!? That's the easiest part! She must be dumb."

I will be re applying this Friday when I have $107 to send with the app. Please pray that I have courage and strength for tomorrow at work and that I keep my eye on the ball.... my kids and supporting them.

Dear God, please help me. I am not sure how to move past this. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment