BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 4, 2010

Like the Light From the Sun


Psalm 103:5-11
"Each day that we live, He provides for our needs and gives us strength of the young eagle. For all who are mistreated, the Lord brings justice. He taught His law to Moses and showed the Israelites what He could do. The Lord is merciful! He is kind and patient, His love NEVER fails. The Lord won't always be angry and point out our sins; He doesn't punish us as our sins deserve. How great is God's love for those who worship Him? Greater than the distance between heaven and earth!"

I can't put into words the feeling of salvation. Its kind of like the wind; You can't see it, but you can feel it.

For the past 23 years I have had the privilege of knowing a wonderful woman named Sophie (previously Rhoadarmer) Haines. She is my oldest sister and is without competition the most patient person I know. In the last 3 years I have watched her grow in her salvation and bask in the Lord's delightful love. Sophie has had many obstacles to overcome and very surely has done it by and through the love of Jesus Christ. Through both of my pregnancies and failed relationships, my sister Sophie has been there encouraging me to seek God in all that I am and all that I do.

It is with a very sad heart that I say that things for this wonderful woman have hit a massive bump in the road. Sophie, Grant and Conner just this last weekend moved into their new home just two blocks from us, Grant got a raise at work and Sophie was beginning to have thoughts of one day being a stay at home mom. God began blessing them in their obedience to follow His will and His word. With this new news, I have complete faith that she will continue to seek God's love and also to remember God's kindness. Days like today make me SLOW down and remember that it is NOT my will, but God's will for my life.

Just like Psalm 103 says, "The Lord is merciful! He is kind and patient and His love never fails." Please pray with me for my sister Sophie and her family; May the love that can only come from God, be lavished on them! God is faithful, He has proved this time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment