BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 1, 2010

Walk Ins, Raptures and Memories








Psalm 103:1-4 (Contemporary English Version)
"With all my heart I praise the Lord, and with all that I am I praise His Holy name. With all my heart I will praise the Lord! I will never forget how kind He has been. The Lord forgives us our sins and heals us when we are sick, and protects us from death. His Kindness and love are a crown on our heads."

After taking Isabel to the Everett Walk In Clinic this morning, I decided to come home and clean. Everything with her is on the mend; she has been diagnosed with a really bad sinus cold and prescribed antibiotics for 10 days. She is such a champ! After having a horrid night filled with coughing and a fever, she is now resting and eating Jello. Please be praying that she is able to feel less pain in her head and that she remembers how much her Heavenly Father loves her.

Once home and showered, she convinced me to take her to the park for a while before the afternoon nap. So, we loaded up and ff we went to Jennings Park (don't worry, I didn't take my purse)! We were there for a long while and were able to spend time with someone that we hadn't seen in a while. The weather was warm, Isabel was feeling alright and I remembered that I had one of my favorite books in my purse to read during moments like this. Its called, The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds. Its a story told through the eyes of teenage girl who lives in a VERY religious community called The Church of Fire and Brimstone and God's Almighty Baptizing Wind, which is led by her grandfather. Anywho, while this community waits for the rapture and diligently do what they believe to be God's work, the narrator (Ninah) falls for a young boy named James. In her own mind, she battle sinful thoughts and even goes as far as putting pecan shells in her shoes to remind herself of Jesus' suffering on the cross. In the end, something happens between her and James... Yes, its what you're thinking. But thats not the end! I won't say what happens, but I hope you will read it. This book is very well written and each character, in their own way, fights the battle between what they know to be right... and what they want.

So I was able to read some of the book while Isabel played on the playground. Sitting there and watching her play made me think about what I have been through with her for the past 4 years. With her birthday approaching, I have become somewhat of a sappy mommy. I thought about the day I told her dad we were pregnant and how he cried when she was born. Or how the night she was born, I walked the labor unit of the hospital with her until she stopped crying while her dad slept in the hospital bed :) Or how we had a half birthday for her in June of 2007 so she could experience an actual pool party! Then there is her first day at ballet, her first bee sting, the countless hours Kiel and I have spent with her in the emergency room for all kinds of things; Her first dance recital, the first night I had her AND Toddie at home by myself.... The list goes on and on, but I will always be thankful for all these moments with her. She was almost named Ellie, but when she came out I just knew her name was Isabel. She is pure joy in my world! As she grows up and develops more of a personality, I fall more and MORE in love with her!





1 comment: